My day job needs to hire more people to help us grow (and give me a few days off). If you know anyone interested, please send them my way. The position reports to me directly so not only do you get to work for a great company you get to work with me. Tell me that’s not a great perk, eh? I’ve posted the description below. What it doesn’t tell you is that you’ll get to work in an exciting and challenging technical environment with hundreds of millions of http requests/day. Get your hands dirty with things like mod_perl and memcached, geolocation, contextual analysis, search trending and fraud filtering. It’s like drinking from the fire hose every day!
Company: Traffic Engine, Inc.
Job Title: Senior Developer
Description: Seasoned developer (Perl, mod_perl, Linux, Apache, PHP) with experience in a high volume web environment. The right applicant must have strong communication skills and be able to think outside of the box. You’ll need to be familiar with the Perl language and mod_perl. Proficiency with Linux in a server environment is a must.
Location: Irvine, CA (Telecommute)
Starting Salary: $60 – 100K+ (Based on Experience)
Position Type: Full Time Only
The position will works remotely from the corporate office (unless lives within 25 miles of Irvine California). The developer will work in a team environment and contribute to constant upgrades, maintenance and new development of existing and new applications as required.
• Develop and maintain Perl modules to be run under Apache2/mod_perl2
• Develop and maintain Perl scripts for system maintenance and data processing
• Contribute to the design and development of internal applications, strategies, and methods of improving current and future applications
• Report and submit status on projects as required
• Document code and create documentation as required
• Collaborate with team members efficiently and effectively via telephone, IM, or IRC
• Provide technical support to internal employees as well as external clients as needed
• Participate in some marketing functions such as Ad:tech and / or other technical functions.
• Minimal travel may be required
• Self motivated and ability to be effective working remotely
• Other responsibilities as required
• 2-4 years of experience developing web-based applications
• 3+ years fluency in Object Oriented Programming, and PHP5.x implementation
• 3+ years of MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
• 3+ years of Perl
• 2+ years of Linux
• Experience writing AJAX code
• Understanding of relational database concepts, including JOIN statements and foreign key constraints
• Experience using a Version Control System (SVN a plus)
Any of these qualifications a plus
• Experience implementing third-party APIs
• Experience developing in MVC environments
• Knowledge of how paid search campaigns work
• Knowledge of SEO tactics
About Traffic Engine, Inc:
Traffic Engine’s Search Marketing Technology (SMarT) connects the right people with the right ads, delivering industry-leading exposure and click conversion by utilizing a targeted customer base and more than five years of online ad placement experience to help our publishers realize their full revenue potential. Recently added is our new AdExchange that enables direct advertisers to bid on traffic in the SMarT Platform to drive quality business to their ads.
Traffic Engine, Inc. offers our employees:
* Technology driven and team oriented environment
* Competitive compensation at all levels
* Company matching retirement program
* Excellent benefits for employee
* Flexible schedules where results are the focus
Interested candidates who meet these qualifications should send a resume and letter of interest via email to email@example.com and include “Senior Developer” in the subject header. Please also send any examples of work or projects recently implemented
[Crossposted from stonetable.org. If you'd like to comment, you can do so either here or there.]