2008 is past, replaced by a new year and new hopes.
It was a rocky year, filled with good and bad. Divorce, and marriage, deaths on Andrea’s side of the family. Kittens and a new puppy. A historic election and rocky economic times. We’re still in for a bumpy financial ride but everything else is looking like its trending upward.
I did alright on my goals from 2008. Not bad, but the best I could manage under the circumstances:
Finalize the divorce
- Get out of debt
Write 12 new short stories (finished #13 on New Years Eve)
- Revise and polish 12 stories
Submit 12 stories for publication (sent out 21 submissions, 2 accepted (1 electronic, 1 print), 1 pending, 1 anthology in hand)
- Submit a story to the Writers of the Future contest quarterly
- Finish migrating out of my hands-on role to more of a managerial one
- Successfully manage and complete all planned projects
Come up with brilliant new projects for people to work on
Grow the company
For 2009, I want to continue the good trends I’ve already set. It’s going to be another busy year but I’m more prepared to tackle it. My goals for 2009:
- Be a better husband (because there’s always room for improvement)
- Build a better budget and get out of debt
- Apply for Permanent Resident & move to Canada
- Lose the weight I gained in 2008
- Less micromanaging, more delegating
- Hire, hire, hire.
[Crossposted from stonetable.org. If you'd like to comment, you can do so either here or there.]