- Post 3 things you’ve done in your lifetime that you don’t think anybody else on your friends list has done.
- See if anybody else responds with “I’ve done that.” If they have, you need to add another! (2.b., 2.c., etc…)
- Have your friends cut & paste this into their journal to see what unique things they’ve done in their life.
1. Been on the set of Saturday Night Live during rehearsals
When I was a consultant, I worked at NBC headquarters in New York City. One afternoon, shortly before New Years Eve 2000, one of the NBC staff took me down to the set and gave me a brief tour while Blink 182 was practicing.
2. Worked in a meat processing plant
One of the odd jobs I worked while doing temp work. I showed up that evening for the “interview” and was promptly ushered to the killing floor to clean/scrub the equipment, walls, ceilings and floor. I only worked the one night but it took me six months to eat meat again.
3. Rode in an airplane with the Chicago White Sox
When I was seven or so, my brother was in the hospital at the University of Minnesota for a kidney transplant (his first, when he was two). They needed to get me up there quickly and someone managed to get me on a flight with the Chicago White Sox. I sat across the isle from Carlton Fisk, my favorite White Sox player of all time.
[Crossposted from stonetable.org. If you'd like to comment, you can do so either here or there.]